The Edit Gauge dialog lets you edit details about your gauge.
You can change the design, set the values and range, and specify other gauge parameters.
Set Gauge Values
To set the value shown on the gauge you can just type in a value in the box for Value. The set the range of the gauge set the Min and Max values respectively.
Change Gauge Type
You can easily switch between gauge types even after adding a gauge to your page. Click the Type drop-down and select a new type of gauge and click OK to apply your changes.
SmartDraw has already set the defaults that will look good so there's no reason to change these parameters unless you want to create a custom look and feel.
- MinAngle: sets the start angle of the gauge range (0 degrees is at bottom)
- MaxAngle: sets the end angle of the gauge range (360 degrees is at bottom)
- MinTickMax: sets the maximum minor tick count
- MajTickMax: sets the maximum major tick count
- MinTickLen: sets the minor tick length
- MajTickLen: sets the major tick length
- MinTickColor: sets the minor tick color
- UnitLabel: sets the units label that is appended to the units display
- NoUnits: flag to turn off units display
- CenterColor: sets the color of the center pivot
- CenterRadius: sets the size of the center pivot
- IndicatorColor: sets the color of the indicator (defaults to the shape's LineColor)
- PartialArcType: if set, specifies display of gauge as a partial arc. This can be one of:
- left: specifies a half circle on the left
- top: specifies a half circle on the top
- right: specifies a half circle on the right
- bottom: specifies a half circle on the bottom
- ltop: specifies a quarter circle on the top left
- rtop: specifies a quarter circle on the top right
- lbottom: specifies a quarter circle on the bottom left
- rbottom: specifies a quarter circle on the bottom right
- HollowCenter: flag to turn center pivot area into hollow area
- RangeIndicators: a list of colored indicator ranges. Each range is defined by start%,end%,color. Multiple ranges are separated by a semi-colon. e.g. 29
- FilledRange: if true, draws a filled arc as the value range
- TickLabelFreq: if set, describes how ticks are drawn:
- all (or blank): draw all tick labels
- none: draw no tick labels
- startend: only draw first and last tick labels
- startendcenter: draw first and last tick labels, and if there is a center tick, draw center tick label
- LabelFontSize: font size of the tick label
- UnitFontSize: font size of the units label