SmartDraw's Class Diagram Extension allows you to create a visual of your classes and their properties automatically by pointing it at a code repository.
You can create a diagram using any local code file or a remote repository on Github.
Launch the Class Diagram Extension
To get started, select Automatic Class Diagram in the Extensions category.
You'll be asked to choose whether you want to create a class diagram using a local repository or Github.
Selecting Your Repository
- Authenticate with Github
- Choose Github radio button.
- Click "Authenticate with Github".
- Follow Github prompts to log-in and allow SmartDraw to connect.
- Select a repository
- In the User Name field, enter the user name of the repository owner. (e.g. facebook)
- In the Repository Name field, enter the repository name. (e.g. react)
- Click "Load Source".
For Local Repository
- Select a local repository
- Click Browse to open a file browser.
- Locate the local repository you want to visualize, select a code file, and click "Open".
- Click "Show Classes" to parse code file for classes.
Build a Class Diagram
Once you've connected SmartDraw to your repository, you're ready to choose the classes you want to visualize.
When you're ready, click "Build Diagram" to draw your class diagram automatically.