*Important* When using JumpCloud SSO, you must provide a unique Issuer ID that follows this pattern:
Replace "companyname" with your organization's name.
Add a Custom SAML App
First, we need to configure a new custom SAML app in your JumpCloud™ account and export the JumpCloud Metadata to make configuring SmartDraw SSO easier.
- Go to the Admin Console website (https://console.jumpcloud.com) and sign-in with your administrator credentials.
- Click on SSO in the navigation.
- Click the green + to configure a new SSO application.
- At the bottom of the screen, click Custom SAML App.
Provide a unique name for the SSO configuration. We suggest SmartDraw SSO.
Click on the SSO tab and populate the form with the following values:
- IdP Entity ID: https://sso.jumpcloud.com/saml2/smartdraw-companyname
- SP Entity ID: https://www.smartdraw.com
- ACS URL: https://cloud.smartdraw.com/sso/saml/login/companydomain
- SAMLSubject Name ID: email
- SAMLSubject NameID Format: urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:1.0:nameid-format:unspecified
- Signature Algorithm: RSA-SHA256
- IDP: https://sso.jumpcloud.com/saml2/smartdraw-companyname
For ID and URL values:
- "companydomain" should be replaced with your company domain (e.g. acme.com)
- "companyname" should be replaced with your company name (e.g. acme)
Add the following user attribute mappings:
- FirstName: firstname
- LastName: lastname
- Email: email
- UserName: username
Review settings and click Activate.
Once your custom SAML app is activated, click Export Metadata to download the xml metadata for the new configuration to your device.
Setting Up Your SmartDraw License for SSO
To complete the SSO configuration, you need to import the metadata file you downloaded and connect the entity URL from JumpCloud to your SmartDraw license.
Login to My Account.
Click on SSO in the left panel.
Click on the Import SAML Metadata button.
On the next screen, select XML file and browse to the XML file you saved from Google Workspace on your computer.
SmartDraw will automatically process the imported file. You can double-check the SAML issues and URL and click Save Configuration to enable JumpCloud SSO.
When you're ready to fully enable SSO for every user, make sure you check All users of the above domains to login using this Saml config and save your settings.
This toggle lets you check your SSO set up before users see it. You can turn it on and off as you need to test things, but it needs to be checked for your users to be able to use SSO with SmartDraw.
Click Save Configuration. You are now ready to test the SSO configuration and make sure it's working properly. You may either click on SmartDraw from your apps portal or paste the ACS URL into a new browser tab.